Features from this Week: Antibiotic Resistance, Drowsy Driving, Premature Birth, and more

CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Week in Review

Colorful 3D rendering of fork with germs on it

Drug Resistance and Food

Antibiotics are medicines that kill or stop the growth of bacteria. Antibiotics save lives, but any time antibiotics are used, they can contribute to the development and spread of antibiotic resistance.

A Child's Health

Preparing for unexpected events is an important part of keeping children safe and healthy all year long. Events like the spread of a serious infection, an explosion, an earthquake, or a weather event, such as a hurricane, may cause health problems for large numbers of people, and especially for children.

Read More >

Dangers of Drowsy Driving

Drive alert and stay unhurt. Learn the risks of drowsy driving and how to protect yourself.

Read More >

Lit up car dashboard at night

Radiation in Medicine

Medical imaging tests are non-invasive procedures that allow doctors to diagnose diseases and injuries without being intrusive. Some of these tests involve exposure to ionizing radiation, which can present risks to patients. However, if patients understand the benefits and risks, they can make the best decisions about choosing a particular medical imaging procedure.

Read More >

One Health

One Health is the idea that the health of people is connected to the health of animals and our shared environment. Learn why One Health is important and how, by working together, we can achieve the best health for everyone.

Read More >

Man and dog hiking through mountains

Premature Birth

In 2018, 1 in 10 babies was born too early in the United States. Learn about the problem, risk factors, and what we can do to reduce premature birth.

Read More >

Caregiving Awareness Month

Caregivers need breaks to stay healthy. Here are some tips for getting back some of your “me time”. Learn how your doctor, family and friends and websites can help. There’s even help for veterans and their spouses.

Read More >

Grandfather with grandson in his lap

Disease of the Week

Mother checking daughter's temperature

Image of the Week

Ebola Outbreak Responder Stories

In Fighting Ebola, There's No Silver Bullet

Dr. Mary Choi has been the team lead in Goma, CDC’s field headquarters in eastern DRC, and helped develop a mobile app that can help trace contacts of people sick with Ebola by estimating when they might have been infected.

Read More >

STEER program