Info on open source CGL4.0

Hello Shiva, Florian and all,

On 2010-01-27 T 15:38 +0100 Florian Heigl wrote:

> all CGL compliance efforts by pure OSS distros have silently
> died a few years ago, both because it is a quite challenging
> task to undertake and maybe also due to some discouraging /
> inpolite posts on here.
>
> some like the half-commercial SUSE CGL seems to be dead, too
> and Motorola HA-Linux seems to not have seen any updates.

I am surprised to hear that the CGL for SUSE Linux Enterprise
"seems to be dead" - the opposite is the case:-) with SUSE Linux
Enterprise 11 and the upcoming SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Service
Pack 1 family of products (Server, High Availability Extension,
..) we are working towards a broad implementation and improved
compliance with the Carrier Grade Linux specification.

A first set of information (not final, based on SUSE Linux
Enterprise 11 GA, currently under review) is available at:
	http://www.novell.com/products/server/cgl/

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is a reliable, interoperable and
manageable foundation for physical and virtual mission critical
workloads. It is open source and comes with commerical support
up to 24x7, see: http://support.novell.com/linux/sle_support.html

Feel free to come back to me via private mail, if you have
questions.

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann
Senior Product Manager - SUSE? Linux Enterprise  - Server Product Line

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]