[lsb-discuss] LSB 3.2 Embedded Profile

On Friday 18 April 2008 16:05:56 Jeff Licquia wrote:
> Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara wrote:
> > Now that I reread this, shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean, if you are LSB 3.2 certified
> > for sure you are CGL, but if you are CGL then by definition you do not fulfill LSB 3.2 requirements....
>
> For *applications*, Dan had it right.  An application that uses no more
> than the CGL subset interfaces will comply with the full LSB, since the
> CGL subset interfaces are all part of the full LSB.  But an app
> certified against full LSB could, say, use interfaces from GTK+, which
> would not be part of the CGL subset.
>
> You are entirely correct, of course, when describing distributions.

Well, I thought that we were talking about certifications for distributions... after all the main reason
this was proposed was to certify distributions such as Montavista. Are we talking about creating
a special certification for ISVs?

--
Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
carlos.duclos at trolltech.com
QA Team Lead

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]