Joe M
Marc M
Tim A
John G
Dan K
John C

Agenda
======
- Updates from SCOPE meeting (Dan, Timo, Glenn)
- Re-charter
- Leadership team
- Kick off the first steps of CGL 5.0 (division of documents and
  requirement gathering).

Updates from SCOPE meetings
===========================
- SCOPE was pretty well attended.  Companies mentioned were Nokia,
  Nokia-Siemens, the distros, Ericsson, NTT, and Motorola.
  Noticeably missing were Alcatel/Lucent, Cisco (not members), and
  NTT (not members).
- At the CGOS meeting, the gaps document was reviewed. Some items
  were removed, others items were reworded.  The gaps were voted
  on to determine priority with some kind of weighted score.
- The gaps document was declared complete (at least the task was
  complete).
- The target is to release the gaps document in October.  No firm
  date was given, but it could be as early as next week.
- SCOPE recommended that LF and SCOPE have a joint meeting in
  Tokyo on Wednesday, November 28.  The SCOPE technical meetings
  continue on Thursday and Friday (Nov 29-30).  It is likely that
  we will need more than 1/2 day on Wednesday to complete the
  transfer of the SCOPE gaps to CGL requirements.  While we haven't
  seen the document yet, those that attended the SCOPE meeting
  indicated that some of the gaps are fairly broad and will need
  to be distilled.  We will know more about extending the LF/SCOPE
  meeting once we have a chance to analyze the SCOPE document.

Re-Charter
==========
- The re-charter was edited and posted on the CGL site.  Tabs for
  the charter include (1) The Linux Community, (2) Documentation
  Strategy, (3) Requirements Gathering, and (4) Governance.  We
  may combine these back into a single charter if it would help
  with clarity.
- The Linux Community:
  The only comment here was that it was a bit kernel focused.
  Many of the CGL requirements apply to components above the
  kernel.
- Document Strategy:
  - Again, focus was too heavy on just the kernel community.
  - The term "enterprise distributions" should just be
    "distributions".
  - Should mention that the satisfied requirements are retained
    as a regression.  Satisfied requirements are LSB candidates.
- Requirements Gathering:
  - This section describes the SCOPE/LF relationship.  Was
    suggested that we use the following text:
    SCOPE, which represents most telecommunications companies,
    is a critical input for describing requirements from the
    telecommunications industry.  CGL will also be open to to
    inputs from other sources, but the SCOPE requirements will
    be given the highest level of attention.
  - The section on "LSB Module" is written a bit to strongly to
    say that any LSB work is initially out of the scope of the
    workgroup.  This should be rewritten to explain that all
    satisfied requirements are candidates for the LSB.
- Governance:
  - Welcome our new leadership team.  Dan is still awaiting final
    approval, but the team looks like it will be:

     Chairman - Dan Cauchy
     Vice-Chairman - Peter Badovinatz
     CGL/SCOPE Liaison - Glenn Seiler
     Registration - Troy Hebers
     Requirements - Tim Anderson
     LF Liaison - John Cherry

Kick off the first steps of CGL 5.0 (division of documents and
requirements gathering.
- The question was asked if we could assume that all P1
  requirements in the CGL 4.0 specs could be considered to
  be "satisfied requirements".  The answer was that while
  P1s were satisfied with open source projects and had to
  appear in at least two distros, these could not all
  necessarily be classified as "mainline".  The first steps
  will be to go through the entire set of 4.0 requirements
  and determine which of these are "satisfied" with code
  or projects that are considered to be mainline or mainline
  upstream.
- We ran out of time, but Tim Anderson took the action item
  to plan and assign the review of the current requirements
  for "satisfied requirement" status.  Obviously, the rest
  will need to be listed in the "Carrier Gaps" document.

Next meeting: Two weeks (will be announced on the lf_carrier
              list)

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Carrier_Grade_Linux

John

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]