LF meeting @ Google ...

On Jun 5, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Khalid Aziz wrote:

>> We should probably give this discussion 1.5 to 2.0 hours.
>> 1) First LF listens to us give a brief discussion of where we left
>> off
>> 2) And what is needed for future
>> 3) Then we listen and understand LF's concerns around current model
>> 4) Then we determine if we can reach agreement together on moving
>> forward.
>
> Registration discussion certainly sounds like longer than 45
> minutes. We
> might as well allocate appropriate amount of time to it upfront.

I agree with Khalid that this will be the crux of the discussion.
Glenn's format will probably allow us to focus on that for a good
amount of the time.

CGL has done a terrific job of establishing Linux as the market
standard in the carrier space.     Clearly CGL is an important
concept, almost all of our members care about it, and most of them
see the strategic value in the effort.    Although there are members
who don't always agree on the best tactics for continuing this work,
which I will go over in detail in the meeting, I do believe we will
be able to meet the needs of the workgroup.

I have spent a very large amount of my time working with our members
to help them understand the value of this project and the needs of
the workgroup participants as outlined on this list.     I will be
bringing CGL up once again this week with our board of directors so
that I can relay their guidance in our Friday meeting.

I look forward to meeting all of you this week.

Safe travels.

Jim

Jim Zemlin
Executive Director, The Linux Foundation
210 Fell St. Suite 16
San Francisco, CA 94102
Cell: 415-726-2284
Fax: 415-707-2153
http://www.linux-foundation.org

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]