From: lf_carrier-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:lf_carrier-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Peter R. Badovinatz
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 9:57 AM
To: Chen, Terence
Cc: lf_carrier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; CMS063@xxxxxxxxxxxx;
timo.jokiaho@xxxxxxx; Joe.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: About Linux Collaboration Summit

Much snipped below, since I just wanted to highlight the key point.

Chen, Terence wrote:
> Mario,
>
> I plan to be there as well. It will be good if you and Ibrahim can
make
> it for the discussion. I don't think it is invitation only...

Um, except for the web page that says, to quote, "This unique,
<b>invitation-only<\b> event will bring together the brightest minds in
the Linux ecosystem to discuss where Linux is, where it needs to go and
how we can all help get it there."

Note that there were competing dates, on the last (and first) LF VAC
phone conf we did the dates were June 14-16 (Thur-Sat), the web page
says 13-15 (Wed-Fri).

> Tim, Troy, will you able to make it?
>
> -Terence

<SNIP>
Joe

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Linux_Foundation_Collaboration_Summit

> "The Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit
>
> We'd like to alert you to the first ever Linux Foundation
Collaboration
> Summit taking place from June 13 through 15 at Google's Mountain View
> Campus in the Bay Area. This unique, invitation-only event will bring
> together the brightest minds in the Linux ecosystem to discuss where
> Linux is, where it needs to go and how we can all help get it there."
>
> The discussion I've seen on it has been on the VAC mailing list and as
> far as I know Glenn has arranged for an invitation to come my way,
which
> is how I managed to sneak in.  :-)
>
> -J.

<SNIP>

Peter
--
Peter R. Badovinatz aka 'Wombat'
STG Telecommunications, Linux & Standards