Legato Vulnerable

Scenario is Legato Networker with one drive as NDMP to Backup Netapp.
When u start the group to backup Netapp using NDMP drive ,in
/nsr/logs/daemon.log it writes all the info including username &
passwd(clear text) for NetApp (usually it will root )
As any one can read this file ,so that he can mess up NetApp.
I Moved /nsr dir & stop & restarted Networker ,it will recreate /nsr dir
with 755 perm.
This is seriously vulnerable to NetApp.
I masked few variables from my log file.
Solaris7, Networker 6.1 & NetApp  DataONTAP 6.0.3.

Ex:
01/08/02 10:20:40 nsrd: savegroup info: starting netapp (with 1 client(s))
     application information: HIST=y;
                  auth index: netapp;
       auth index name space: backup, 1;
                  auth level: full;