Re: bpf_probe_read_user EFAULT

On Wed, Jan 04, 2023 at 04:24:27PM +0100, Victor Laforet wrote:
> Ok thanks. As I understand, tp_btf/+ probes (specifically tp_btf/sched_switch that I need) cannot be sleepable? It is then not possible to read user space memory from the bpf code?

yes, only fentry/fexit/fmod_ret, lsm, and kprobe/uprobe programs can be sleepable

you could use kprobe.. I was able to hook to finish_task_switch with kprobe,
which gives you the next process (as current) and previous process in first
argument

# bpftrace -e 'kprobe:finish_task_switch.isra.0 { printf("%d:%d\n", cpu, pid) }' | head
Attaching 1 probe...
1:0
1:4579
1:3189
1:4579
0:40
0:430
3:4581
3:0

but perhaps there's better function to hook, check around the sched_swith tracepoint call

jirka