Re: Latest libbpf fails to load programs compiled with old LLVM

On 12/7/20 11:14 AM, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 10:02 AM David Ahern <dsahern@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/7/20 9:20 AM, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
>>> The user space library is not a kernel.
>>> The library will change its interface. It will remove functions, features, etc.
>>> That's what .map is for.
>>
>> So any user/package wanting to leverage libbpf can not expect stability
>> or consistency with its APIs?
>
> If you're talking about iproute2 and your own convoluted definition of

your record player seems to be stuck. Could you give it a little bump so
it can move on to the next track? Thanks. I do work on other things
besides iproute2.

> stability and consistency then certainly not.

Your statement has huge impacts on what users can expect from a library
and is inconsistent with other libraries I have used. Hence, my request
for clarification on your comment about 'changing interfaces, removing
functions and features.'