Re: Latest libbpf fails to load programs compiled with old LLVM

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 3:03 AM Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wait, what? This is a regression that *breaks people's programs* on
> compiler versions that are still very much in the wild! I mean, fine if
> you don't want to support new features on such files, but then surely we
> can at least revert back to the old behaviour?

Those folks that care about compiling with old llvm would have to stick
to whatever loader they have instead of using libbpf.
It's not a backward compatibility breakage.

> I used "prog" because that's what iproute2 looks for if you don't supply

Please don't use iproute2 as a reason to do anything in libbpf. It won't fly.