Re: [Bpf] BPF ISA Security Considerations section

On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 1:32 PM
<dthaler1968=40googlemail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

But W^X mappings are for JIT (and avoidable by writing, then remapping
and executing), not interpreters. How about we just say "Executing the
program requires an interpreter or JIT compiler in the same memory
space as the system being probed or extended. This creates risks of
transient execution attacks that can reveal data with confidentiality
concerns. Methods for avoiding these attacks are under active research
and frequently depend on microarchitectural details."

Sincerely,
Watson