RE: BPF WG ISA Document: Last Call

David Vernet <void@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We've made great progress since IETF 118, and we're thrilled to announce
that
> the Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) document is now in working group
last
> call. Please review the document at [0], and share any remaining feedback
that
> you believe needs to be addressed before we send the document to the ADs.
[...]
> Because we're so close to IETF 119, the document will remain in last call
for at
> least two weeks following the conclusion of the conference.

FYI to all, per IETF 119 minutes the WGLC closes today.

I just did another read-through and found some more editorial nits which I
plan to send a patch for, but wanted to get this email out before WGLC ends.

Section 1.1: "_s16_ is a types whose..."
s/types/type/

Section 1.4: "tools as such compilers that..."
s/as such/such as/

Section 2.1: the src_reg field correctly says "the source register number
(0-10),
except where otherwise specified", but dst_reg and offset are missing the
"except where otherwise specified" phrases on their definitions, since some
new instructions (SDIV, SMOD, MOVSX) reuse offset for other purposes, and
the thread around future callx would use dst_reg for another purpose so
having
similar caveats on all three fields seems warranted.

Section 3.1: most places in the doc use "8-bit", "16-bit", "32-bit", and
"64-bit"
as adjectives.  A couple places in this section are missing the hyphen so
are inconsistent.

Section 3.2: most places in the doc put field names in single quotes like
'imm'
when referencing them in normal text.  A few places in this section, and one
in
section 3.1, are missing the single quotes so are inconsistent.

Section 4.2: "Where size is one of:"
s/size/'<size>'/
for consistency with Section 4.1.

Section 5.1: "a IANA sub-registry"
s/a/an/

Section 5.1.2: "to supercede the existing conformance group"
s/supercede/supersede/

Dave