Re: Connection proccess

Hi

What hardware and software things can have influence on time of connections?

I'm asking because i have 2 bluetooth dongles of one brand ( Cyber Brand Retail (CBR) SL-45 ). The only visual difference is a size of sticker on them.

But the chips on them are different ("Cambridge Silicon Radio" and "Integrated system solutions"). With the first dongle I get excelent results: 5 phones are connected in 5 seconds. With the second one results are poor: 2-3 phones are waiting for connection, the others will be connected only when previous phones have connection.

P.S.

when I do "hcitool con" for "cambridge" numbers of handles are between 40 and 50 (something like that) and for "ISS" between 0 and 7

Is this important or just numbers?

2008/11/24 Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Yuriy,

> Can you tell me, please, how many concurrent connections  (i mean
> proccess of connection) can be done on one dongle?
>
> for example:
>
> hcitool con
> Connections:
>         < ACL 00:1C:9A:6E:27:4A handle 0 state 5 lm MASTER
>         < ACL 00:16:BC:31:EE:2E handle 0 state 5 lm MASTER
>         < ACL 00:16:B8:AE:75:7E handle 3 state 1 lm MASTER
>         < ACL 00:18:0F:AC:BF:EE handle 2 state 1 lm MASTER
>         < ACL 00:1E:4C:D4:0C:52 handle 1 state 1 lm MASTER
>
> Does "handle 0" mean that there is a try of low level connection?
>
> I've not seen "handle 0" more then 3 times.

decode the state. It is BT_CONNECT. And actually only one connect
attempt can be made at a time. Some hardware queues it for you. For
others we have to do it and then this should show state BT_CONNECT2.

Regards

Marcel

             С уважением,

            Юрий Викулов