Re: could not uses introspect in obexd client for session or ftp from the root path.

Hi Raymond,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Liu, Raymond <raymond.liu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Vinicius
>
>        I am trying to use the obex-client for ftp recent days.
>        I found that after I call the CreateSession method. The data return by introspect method is not updated in the root path.
>        Say, I can only use dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.openobex.client /org/openobex/session0 org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect to find out the ftp method.

Or taking a look at the documentation at doc/client-api.txt ;-)

>        But dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.openobex.client / org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect will not show that there are a /org/openobex node under this path. So it might not be easy for a user to know what kind of interfaces is provided for the whole org.openobex.client service. Since they will not know what's the right node path name.

They will know the right path name, because CreateSession returned it.

I find d-feet very useful when I am exploring some app DBus interface.
Just be aware
that d-feet doesn't like very much the "/" root path, you might find
it useful to change
the root path (client/main.c:41) to something other than "/"
("/client" for example).

Using this trick I was able to verify that the
"/org/openobex/session0" node is being added to
the bus, it is just not being added as a child of the "/" node, but in
parallel to it.

>        I guess we can add a node, or child field, and a parent field in the generic_data structure, and update these information during the interface register operation, so that the introspect method can show the child node under a certain path?

We really could, but as this way has been working very well for BlueZ,
I don't really see this as a bug.

> Best Regards,
> Raymond Liu

Cheers,