Re: Sniff mode issues regarding Sony Ericsson headsets: kernel patch proposal.

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Fabien,
>
>> Here are patches against 2.6.27-rc6 and latest bluez git that add
>> support for point 1 below.
>
> problem with these patches is that they are a layer violation between
> L2CAP and HCI.

Yes that is true but that is nothing that isn't already existing. Same
trick is used for L2CAP_CONNINFO.

I'm gonna try to improve that.

> It should also work on incoming and outgoing connections
> the same way.

I'm not following you there...

> Also when using socket options, I prefer that we set them
> and store the value and the execute it once the connections is up.

Agreed. I was just too lazy to do that :-)

> Personally I prefer if we would enhance hci_send_acl() to indicate that
> we expect it got get out of any power state before processing this data
> packet.
>
> And of course this socket option also has to work for RFCOMM.

That's pretty much useless as i don't know if that will ever get used.
However that's not much work, i can do it if that makes you happy. ;-)

Do you have any comments on the user-land side or is it how you see things ?

Cheers,

Fabien