Re: Sniff mode issues regarding Sony Ericsson headsets: kernel patch proposal.

Hi Fabien,

> Here are patches against 2.6.27-rc6 and latest bluez git that add
> support for point 1 below.

problem with these patches is that they are a layer violation between
L2CAP and HCI. It should also work on incoming and outgoing connections
the same way. Also when using socket options, I prefer that we set them
and store the value and the execute it once the connections is up.

Personally I prefer if we would enhance hci_send_acl() to indicate that
we expect it got get out of any power state before processing this data
packet.

And of course this socket option also has to work for RFCOMM.

Regards

Marcel