Re: Some Audio error handling fixes.

Hi Marcel,

> actually the convention is that if it is a return value, then we use a
> negative error value. If it is a parameter, we use the positive one. So
> the connection_lost change is wrong (it was wrong before though). Please
> fix this too.

Ok, that might be quite a huge patch though... it has been that way for
so long... virtually every function will be impacted :-(

>> While reading the latest code, i noticed common/error.{c, h} is gone...
>> There's a new one in src/, but with only one generic
>> error handling routine. I have the feeling this is a big step backwards,
>> as DBUS error names get duplicated into each service
>> again and again, paving the way for un unmanageable level of error
>> strings fragmentation :-( What do you guys think ?
>
> It is not a big step backwards since we are using libgdbus error
> functions now and there are more simpler. There is a problem with the
> strings returned for a specific error, but I don't really thing it is
> that big of a problem.

Ok i see the thing now. By that i guess that all error handling outside
of g_dbus_create_error are on their way out ?

I guess those ones should be replaced with g_dbus equivalents ?
./src/adapter.c:static DBusHandlerResult error_failed(DBusConnection *conn,

./src/adapter.c:static DBusHandlerResult
error_connection_attempt_failed(DBusConnection *conn,

> In the long term we might get btd_error_* or alike functions since then
> the plugins can use them. However right now every plugin has to handle
> its own errors.

Thanks for the explanation,

Cheers,

Fabien