Re: Can't connect to Trust Bluetooth mouse..

> > I just bought a Trust Bluetooth Mouse 15351. However, I can't connect to
> > it via bluez-gnome, nor via hcitool. Here's what hcidump shows when I
> > try:
> <snip>
> > Unfortunately, I have to admit I can't really make sense out of this,
> > except that it seems that the mouse terminates the connection after the
> > "Remote Name Request" command.. I have bluez 3.36 installed.
> In my experience with a similarly cheap Trust mouse, my advice is:
> change the batteries to known working ones, check that they make contact
> properly.
Thanks for the hint; I've used new batteries and checked the contacts.
Still, no luck. However, it looks like the problem is of a different
sort than I previously thought. IIRC connecting via hcitool isn't really
supposed to work for input devices anyway. When I try to connect via
bluetooth-applet, hcidump shows:

< HCI Command: Inquiry (0x01|0x0001) plen 5
    lap 0x9e8b33 len 8 num 0
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
    Inquiry (0x01|0x0001) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Inquiry Result (0x02) plen 15
    bdaddr 11:11:12:11:1F:06 mode 1 clkoffset 0x1d51 class 0x002580
> HCI Event: Inquiry Complete (0x01) plen 1
    status 0x00

And nothing else anymore, even after I click the connect button. Just an
empty window labeled "connecting to device..", but nothing else happens
(especially no bluetooth communication). In the console,
bluetooth-properties shows:

** (bluetooth-properties:7171): CRITICAL **: dbus_g_proxy_begin_call:
assertion `DBUS_IS_G_PROXY (proxy)' failed

So I'm getting suspicious that this is in fact a DBus problem.. any
ideas?

Many thanks, Yours, Florian