Re: Sniff mode issues regarding Sony Ericsson headsets: kernel patch proposal.

Hi Fabien,

> > Also this is not BlueZ screwing anything up. Where is written that we
> > have to get out of sniff mode before we can disconnect a link. What kind
> > of hardware are you using? Does BlueZ always have to cleanup after
> > broken hardware and f*cked up stacks?
>
> Lol :-)
> I never said that Bluez was screwing up anything.
> But as usual, there are compromises to make between sticking close to
> the standard and having good interoperability, which usually involves
> some level of workaround :-)

I am seriously sick of this f*cked up hardware. What is it? My guess
would be a TI chip.

> > Make it two separate patches. We can send the exit sniff mode command
> > that is not a problem. I still don't like it, because it is the job of
> > the Link Manager to do this.
>
> Will do.
>
> You didn't answer to question 2: what's your choice ? (btw to question 1
> neither, but i guess that means a 'yes' :-)

I would first have to know which host controller it is, before I
actually think about adding something like this.

> > For the sniff mode setting you have to use SOL_BLUETOOTH since I will
> > remove all the other SOL_* and consolidate them.
>
> hmmm... not sure i really see what you mean. :-(

Don't use SOL_L2CAP or SOL_RFCOMM anymore. They will be all
SOL_BLUETOOTH since there are no different between the socket options
itself.

Regards

Marcel