Questions when tracing the hci_usb

Hello, I am starting tracing the source code of hci_usb, and want to test the
Alternative Setting patches from Alok. But I have some questions:

(1) In hci_usb_isoc_rx_submit, I saw the usb_rcvisocpipe are initializing
settings for Host-side. But why is it necessary to call usb_submit_urb() to send
the urb, and then repeat infinitely in hci_usb_rx_complete when the returned
count is 0? Is that mandatory to do this to permit the usb device to send data
up to Host?

(2) Why the isoc is set to 2 in the beginning? What will happen when we set it
to something like "5" in the beginning? (Alok's patches seems to dynamically
adjust it depending on  hdev->conn_hash.sco_num)

Thanks,
Jui-Hao