Re: RFCOMM Security

Marcel,
 I would like to rephrase this question. This is again all about
BlueCove JSR-82.

 When we open socket for client connection there is an options for
setsockopt  RFCOMM_LM_AUTH and RFCOMM_LM_ENCRYPT as far as I can see
they don't change the connection settings.  The same for L2CAP
connections: only we tried L2CAP_LM_AUTH

 I do calls in this sequence: socket, bind, setsockopt, connect
 But the connection does not get authenticated. (pairing procedure not started)

 The problem does not apply for RFCOMM/L2CAP service when service
created and I want only authenticated connections to be accepted we
use socket(),bind(), setsockopt(RFCOMM_LM_AUTH), listen().  Then when
client connects.  The system will initiate pairing procedure.

 Is this unimplemented feature of BlueZ for client connections of we
are not using it right?

 Our code is here:
http://code.google.com/p/bluecove/source/browse/bluecove-gpl/trunk/src/main/c/

Regards,