Problems with returning Default Adapter in C-Glib-DBus code

Since upgrading to 3.32 (and possibly before), I have been having a problem with calling the new, experimental DefaultAdapter method against the "/".  When I do so, it properly returns the Adapter path "/hci0", but fails with the following error: Unregistered object at path '/hci0'.

Prior to this, I used to call what was effectively the old DefaultAdapter using the "/org/bluez" path and returning the old string version of the Adapter path, receiving "/org/bluez/hci0".

Output of my failing program is as follows (also, in DefaultAdapterOut.txt):

after dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name (dMgrObj)
 bus:       org.bluez
 path:      /
 interface: org.bluez.Manager
Failed to get DefaultAdapter: Unregistered object at path '/hci0'
At the same time, I called dbus-send to see if this was some more fundamental failure, but calls against both paths are successful, as shown in the following (DefaultAdapter.txt):

[dstockwell@freqonec001 ~]$ dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter
method return sender=:1.12 -> dest=:1.22
   string "/org/bluez/hci0"
[dstockwell@freqonec001 ~]$ dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez / org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter
method return sender=:1.12 -> dest=:1.23
   object path "/hci0"

I have attached a cut-down version of the source, which I am compiling against KDE and MandrivaLinux.

MY SUSPICION is that the real problem is that I did not adjust my source application to use libgdbus, introduced in 3.32.  Specifically, given the following set of includes, which of these are replaced by gdbus.h?

#include <dbus/dbus.h>
#include <dbus/dbus-glib.h>
#include <dbus/dbus-glib-lowlevel.h>
#include <glib-object.h>