Re: [BlueZ-Announce] Release of bluez-libs-3.31 and bluez-utils-3.31

Hi Bastien,

> > > this is an update release of the new stable versions of the Bluetooth
> > > library and the utilities. This release fixes various bugs from the
> > > plugin transition and introduces the first attempts of creating a
> > > Bluetooth helper library for GLib.
> > >
> > > Currently the full service infrastructure is still available, but with
> > > the next release this might change. So please prepare yourself it.
> >
> > Might be an issue with my build, but i get this
> >
> > hcid[32361]: Can't load plugin: /usr/lib64/bluetooth/plugins/libserial.so:
> > undefined symbol: g_ascii_isxdigit
> >
> > I did not change anything in the build system (apart from removing
> > "--enable-glib" again).
>
> This should make "make distcheck" barf out if there are missing symbols
> in eglib that are used by plugins.

so we broke the eglib based build two times in a row now. Both times non
intentional. And that is the major reason why eglib goes away when we
are ready for 4.0 and that will be soon. It simply takes too much
resources to maintain a GLib replacement. Nowadays it is not a big deal
to cross-compile GLib for your embedded system. You will need for other
applications anyway.

However the idea with -no-undefined is good. Never realized that we can
do that. I should read manual pages more often :)

Regards

Marcel