Re: Welcome to BlueZ

Hello, my name is Firas Assaad and I'm one of the students working on a
BlueZ project for Google Summer of Code 2008. This will be a great
opportunity to get involved in some serious project and to learn all
sorts of new skills. I'm relatively new to the free software scene so I
hope you tolerate me being dumb often. :P

My project is HFP Emulation, which aims to implement the Hands-Free
Profile (HFP) to allow the computer to work as a hands-free audio
device. I'd mainly implement the hands-free unit role in gateway.c based
on the HFP specifications. It sounds like a fun project right now, but I
wonder if I'd still think that in three months (hopefully I would...!)

I'm on the IRC channel as much as I could, I use the nick 'otarid'. I'm
a Palestinian living in Kuwait (just south of Iraq), which makes my time
zone +3 UTC all around the year (no daylight saving time here).

I'm fairly busy currently, as most students would be (exams, projects,
etc.), so I might not be too productive. I should have a lot of free
time by June (could be as far as 10th of June, not sure yet) and can
focus all my energy on the project then. I'll still try to do research
and contact my mentor to understand things better before coding begins.
Hopefully it'd be a fun and useful experience to all involved. It's nice
to be part of this community, and I hope to get the most of it.

Here are some links of interest:
My Google Summer of Code project page:
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/bluez/appinfo.html?csaid=1F4C750B5CD9DB30
A blog I set up for it: http://randomgsoc.blogspot.com/