From: thiagoss
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: Minimum Version of GStreamer for bluez-utils-3.29?

It was developed using version 0.10.17, but I guess that from 0.10.14 everything would work.

Thiago

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:50 AM, David Stockwell <dstockwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
bluez-utils-3.29 does not compile: failing in compilation of gstrtpsbcpay.c,
@201: implicit declaration of gst_adapter_copy, and
@208: 'GstBaseRtpPayloadClass' has no member named 'handle_event'

It appears GStreamer is only up to 0.10.9 or thereabouts.  What is the minimum/expected version of GStreamer 0.10 for bluez-utils-3.29? According to the GStreamer site, the current version is 0.10.18, as of just a few days ago.

Another question: I do not intend to use streaming audio in this application, and I have to ask why all of this is bundled into the audio module at this fairly deep layer?  Seems to be a bit too bundled, leading to too many dependencies, unless everybody is intent on developing headset applications.

DS