This Week at Interior!

Title: This Week at Interior!
Our weekly recap of events at the U.S. Department of the Interior
This Week at Interior
Secretary Haaland poses with Paraguayan President Santiago Peña, along with U.S. and Paraguayan dignitaries.

This Week: Secretary Haaland leads the U.S. presidential delegation to the inauguration of Santiago Peña as President of Paraguay; BLM announces $18 million in funding for shovel-ready projects on the one-year anniversary of the Inflation Reduction Act; it's the launch of a new program to electrify homes in Tribal communities; $50 million is on the way over the next five years for infrastructure and drought mitigation in the Upper Colorado River Basin; Department leaders are on the road this month to highlight investments from the Great American Outdoors Act; OSMRE awards $100,000 to repair a Pennsylvania watershed; and we're going north for our social media Picture of the Week!

Watch the Video

Secretary Haaland Leads U.S. Inauguration Delegation to Paraguay

Secretary Haaland and Paraguayan President Santiago Peña hold a bilateral discussion while their respective delegations look on.

Secretary Haaland this week led the U.S. presidential delegation to the inauguration of Santiago Peña as President of Paraguay.

Read More

Administration Marks First Anniversary of Inflation Reduction Act

Bureau of Land Management Director Tracy Stone-Manning speaks with field personnel at the site of a restoration and resilience project in Montana.

This week marks the one-year anniversary of the Inflation Reduction Act. Among the historic investments being implemented at Interior, the Bureau of Land Management announced more than $18 million in funding to support 39 shovel-ready restoration and resilience projects in 10 states.

Learn More

Interior Launches New Initiative for Tribal Electrification

Aerial view of Tribal homes with low mountains in the distance.

Interior this week announced the launch of a new program and $72.5 million in funding through President Biden’s Investing in America agenda to help Tribal communities electrify homes.

Read More

$50 Million Announced for Upper Colorado River Basin Infrastructure

Aerial view of the Colorado River flowing through a desert canyon.

Interior and the Bureau of Reclamation announced $50 million over the next five years to improve key water infrastructure and enhance drought-related data collection across the Upper Colorado River Basin.

Read More

Interior Leaders Mark Three-Year Anniversary of Great American Outdoors Act

USFWS Deputy Director Siva Sundaresan speaks with a field worker at the Dale Bumpers White River National Wildlife Refuge in Arkansas.

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Deputy Director Siva Sundaresan visited Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge in Marion, Illinois, and Dale Bumpers White River National Wildlife Refuge in Saint Charles, Arkansas, to highlight the success and importance of GAOA funding across the National Wildlife Refuge System.

Learn More

OSMRE Provides $100,000 for Pennsylvania Stream Restoration

OSMRE workers walk along the edge of a low muddy creek flowing through a grassy, brush-covered landscape.

The Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement this week awarded $100,000 to restore the Pennsylvania watersheds at Dunkard Creek in Dunkard Township.

Read More

twitter

Tweet of the Week

Secretary Haaland Twitter Icon

Secretary Deb Haaland @SecDebHaaland

My heart breaks for so many on Maui who are suffering. Sending my love and commitment to do everything we can as a federal family to help rebuild.

Details |  Retweet

Picture of the Week

A person in a red jacket crosses a river in a valley with striking geologic Arrigetch Peaks rising thousands of feet into the clouds.

Our social media Picture of the Week is the northernmost national park in the United States, Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve in Alaska. It's a vast landscape with neither trails nor roads, and visitors seeking its remote wilderness must rely on the knowledge, skills and equipment they bring with them.

See the picture on Facebook

facebooktwitterinstagramsubscribe

This email was sent to list-blm-ca@xxxxxxxxxxx by: U.S. Department of the Interior · 1849 C Street, N.W. · Washington DC 20240 · 202-208-3100 GovDelivery logo