This Week at Interior!

Title: This Week at Interior!
Our weekly recap of events at the U.S. Department of the Interior
This Week at Interior
A hiker raises both arms above her head as she stands amidst a rocky, hilly landscape under a blue sky

This Week: Interior commits over $417 million for recreation and restoration projects through the Southern Nevada Public Land Management ActU.S. Fish and Wildlife Service distributes $56.5 million to state agencies to help conserve imperiled wildlife and their habitatsthe Service also seeks public input on a potential conservation area across Southwest Floridanational parks in California implement severe weather plans; the Interior Museum launches a new virtual tour for its 85th birthday; and a hidden gem in North Dakota is our social media Picture of the Week!

Watch the Video

Interior Announces $417 Million for Projects in Nevada and California

A field of multicolored blooming plants, with a mountainous landscape in the background

Interior this week announced it will commit more than $417 million for 47 projects dedicated to recreation and restoration in Nevada and California. Funding for the projects comes through the Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act.

Read More

USFWS Distributes $56.5 Million for Wildlife Conservation

Secretary Haaland holds a baby sea turtle during recent visit to the U.S. Virgin Islands

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service distributed $56.5 million to state fish and wildlife agencies to support conservation and stewardship efforts for imperiled wildlife and their habitats.

Read More

New Potential Conservation Area Explored in Florida

Heavy tree and plant growth in the middle of a Florida swamp

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service this week announced it is exploring the possibility of a conservation area across Southwest Florida and will seek input from the public.

Read More

NPS Responds as California Experiences Severe Weather

Deep snow drifts rise to halfway up a Visitor Center sign at a California national park

Teams are on the scene at a number of national parks in California that are implementing severe weather plans due to impacts from recent and ongoing winter storms that brought record amounts of rain and snow.

Read More

Interior Museum Marks Its 85th Birthday

An exhibit hall featuring Indigenous artifacts at the Interior Museum

The Interior Museum celebrated its 85th birthday with the launch of a new virtual tour. You can now explore exhibitions of historical objects, works of art and scientific specimens from anywhere.

Learn More

twitter

Tweet of the Week

Secretary Haaland Twitter Icon

Secretary Deb Haaland @SecDebHaaland

This week is #AmeriCorpsWeek and celebrates the legacy of service that our partners at @AmeriCorps contribute to our country and to our public lands. Their efforts are an incredible asset to @Interior.

Details | Retweet

Picture of the Week

A sun sets over an unspoiled badlands landscape with dry terrain, rocks and reddish-brown colored soil.

Our social media Picture of the Week comes from Teddy Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota. Named after one of the nation’s great conservationists, this hidden gem is perfect for watching prairie sunsets while bison graze on native grasses.

See the picture on Twitter

facebooktwitterinstagramsubscribe

This email was sent to list-blm-ca@xxxxxxxxxxx by: U.S. Department of the Interior · 1849 C Street, N.W. · Washington DC 20240 · 202-208-3100 GovDelivery logo