This Year at Interior!

Title: This Year at Interior!
This Year at Interior!
A photo of Secretary Deb Haaland in front of a fireplace

This Year: The Department of the Interior focused on building a better future for every American, with unprecedented investments from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and Inflation Reduction Act. We're creating jobs through major investments in infrastructure, building the momentum for a clean energy future, and restoring our public lands and waters. We are committed to telling the whole story of America, honoring Indigenous knowledge, employing nature-based solutions and tackling the fundamental challenges of climate change.

Clean Energy Economy, Good-Paying Jobs

A transmission tower and power lines at sunset

Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Land and Minerals Management Laura Daniel-Davis discusses the great strides made to advance our clean energy future while creating good-paying, union jobs.

Expanded Access, Locally Led Conservation

Mountains and trees against the sky at sunrise

Assistant Secretary for Fish and Wildlife and Parks Shannon Estenoz spotlights the Land and Water Conservation Fund's Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership and America the Beautiful initiative.

Addressing Unprecedented Drought

Dry cracked ground and sparse vegetation

Assistant Secretary for Water and Science Tanya Trujillo discusses how we are addressing the unprecedented drought conditions in the West and around the country.

Fighting Wildland Fires

Flames consume a tree in a forest

Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy, Management and Budget Joan Mooney discusses our investments in our workforce, wildfire preparedness, fuels management and post-fire restoration.

Strengthening Tribal Sovereignty, Safety

Secretary Haaland joins a procession of Indigenous people at Haskell Indian Nations University

Assistant Secretary for Indian Affairs Bryan Newland celebrates the historic resources distributed through Indian Country to make life healthier and safer for Indigenous people by strengthening Tribal sovereignty and revitalizing Tribal languages, cultures, economies and lands.

Honoring Our Responsibilities

A view down a hallway inside Interior

Solicitor Bob Anderson explains how Interior is living up to its responsibilities to Alaska Native peoples, the Native Hawaiian Community and the American public.

Protecting U.S. Territories and Insular Areas

Rocks jut out of a pounding surf

Assistant Secretary for Insular and International Affairs Carmen Cantor spotlights efforts to safeguard the ocean, strengthen capacities in the territories, fulfill Compact of Free Association obligations and work in partnership with island communities to ensure their resiliency.

Interior's Once-in-a-Generation Opportunity

A dump truck travels down a highway

Deputy Secretary Tommy Beaudreau celebrates the billions of dollars Interior is putting to work to revitalize communities, address legacy pollution, invest in water infrastructure and ecosystem restoration, strengthen fire resilience, and create jobs.

facebooktwitterinstagramsubscribe

This email was sent to list-blm-ca@xxxxxxxxxxx by: U.S. Department of the Interior · 1849 C Street, N.W. · Washington DC 20240 · 202-208-3100 GovDelivery logo