This Week at Interior!

Title: This Week at Interior!
Our weekly recap of events at the U.S. Department of the Interior
This Week at Interior
Native men wearing military uniforms hold Tribal and U.S. flags

This Week: Interior marks the beginning of Native American Heritage Month; the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law makes a $45 million investment in Tribal communities to address the impacts of climate change; the state of Utah's largest and most comprehensive federal water resource development project celebrates 30 years; more than $122 million is now available to eligible states and Tribes to address legacy pollution on abandoned mine lands from the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement; the Bureau of Land Management proposes steps to increase high-speed internet for communities; the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management finalizes two Wind Energy Areas in the Gulf of Mexico; and we're celebrating National Bison Day with our social media Picture of the Week!

Watch the Video

Interior Marks Native American Heritage Month

Secretary Haaland speaks to a crowd at Haskell University in Kansas

This week marks the beginning of Native American Heritage Month, a time to celebrate the history and heritage of Indigenous communities. This year’s theme, “Revitalizing Indigenous Connections,” embodies the essential work Interior does year-round.

Learn More

Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Invests $45 Million in Tribal Communities

A ship sails past a glacier surrounded by snow-covered rocky mountains

Interior this week announced a $45 million investment in Tribal communities to address the disproportionate impacts of climate change through the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law

Read More

Interior Marks 30th Anniversary of Central Utah Project Completion Act

Assistant Secretary for Water and Science Tanya Trujillo poses with stakeholders at the 30th anniversary of the Central Utah Project Completion Act

This week marked the 30th anniversary of the Central Utah Project Completion Act. That's the state of Utah's largest and most comprehensive federal water resource development project.

Read More

Interior Announces $122.5 Million for Abandoned Mine Land Economic Revitalization Grants

Mud and rocks at the site of a coal mine surrounded by trees, a town is visible in the distant hills

The Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement is making more than $122 million in grants available to eligible states and Tribes to support local investment opportunities that create good-paying union jobs and provide for the sustainable long-term rehabilitation of abandoned mine lands.

Read More

BLM Proposes Updates for Broadband Infrastructure

Looking up at a cellular relay tower

The Bureau of Land Management this week proposed updates to its regulations for the construction and operation of broadband infrastructure on public lands. The changes aim to help ensure access to reliable high-speed internet service for every American.

Read More

BOEM Designates Two Wind Energy Areas in Gulf of Mexico

A line of ocean wind turbines

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management has finalized two Wind Energy Areas in the Gulf of Mexico, with the potential to produce enough clean wind energy to power nearly 3 million homes.

Read More

twitter

Tweet of the Week

The Twitter logo for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Mountain Prairie region

US Fish and Wildlife @USFWSMtnPrairie

You're in for a treat because the USFWS Canine (K9) Program is back with dynamic duo costumes. See more in the thread below. Tell us your favorites!

Four photos showing dogs that are members of the USFWS Canine (K9) Program

Details | Retweet

Picture of the Week

A group of American bison walk across the sulfur springs at Yellowstone National Park.

With our social media Picture of the Week, we're honoring National Bison Day. On November 5th, we celebrate this majestic American symbol of strength and resilience, and the official emblem of the Department of the Interior. Find out more about the American bison on our blog.

See the picture on our blog

facebooktwitterinstagramsubscribe

This email was sent to list-blm-ca@xxxxxxxxxxx by: U.S. Department of the Interior · 1849 C Street, N.W. · Washington DC 20240 · 202-208-3100 GovDelivery logo