Lios

I am having issues with Lios, I am hoping someone can help me figure this out.
Scanner I have: epson perfection v39 ii
When trying to run Lios to scan documents
Lios sees the scanner but I get the error below:
Error I get:
	Scanner update list error Object has no attribute max_y
I have tried this on Accessible Coconut and Linux mint as well as Debian Bookworm
all other 3rd party scanning software on these machines have no issues with scanning with this scanner
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Rodney