Re: making YouTube (etc) videos more accessible?

The screen reader (or whatever) wouldn't have to be "jabbering over the presenter".  For example, the user could pause the video to examine and/or discuss a given slide.  If desired, the user could be alerted each time a new slide comes up (eg, by a short tone).

One of the useful aspects of recorded presentations is the ability to pause and review sections which "went by too fast".  I frequently do this myself, pausing the video to examine a slide of interest.

-r