Re: how many Linux machines do you run?

You can use > to redirect standard output. Something like
rpm -qa >packages.txt

On Mon, 15 Jul 2024, Karen Lewellen wrote:

will try this as well.
Is there a way to copy output into a file?

On Mon, 15 Jul 2024, Mike Gorse wrote:

 If the server is running an RPM-based distribution, then rpm -qa, but it
 will likely print out a list of thousands of packages (if I run that
 command, then I'm usually looking for something specific and pipe the
 output through grep).