re: fedora 40 workstation status

I have some secure boot stuff on my machine now.
jenux/shim-signed 15.8+ubuntu+1.58-7 [installed]
    Initial UEFI bootloader that handles chaining to a trusted full
bootloader under secure boot environments

Apparently jenux does do secure boot and there's lots of tools on
archlinux especially in the aur repository that support secure boot.
With jenux it takes a while for it to go through three sound sequences
third one being the empire strikes back and then the voice comes on.  Be
patient on that one since it could be you wrongly figured you had a
failure since jenux was thinking about your machine and resources you
have.
Gentoo is not like that, you tell gentoo what resources your machine has
and optimize the software for your machine after a minimal boot up.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.