Re: Booting from USB stik via CLI, possible?

On 16/5/24 05:25, Harley Richardson wrote:
You can use efibootmgr to make your USB be the next boot entry the next time you reboot, only takes effect once so when you reboot again it'll go back to the defaults.

This is what I would recommend. The boot order shown by efibootmgr should also help you to navigate the boot menu, if needed, by pressing down-arrow the appropriate number of times (even without non-visual feedback).

On my Lenovo machine, for instance, pressing up-arrow in the EFI boot menu doesn't wrap around to the last entry, so you can ensure you're at the top before moving down through the order of boot entries.

You'll need the boot menu in a situation in which you can't load Linux and use efibootmgr.