is there an access reason against using this in emails?

Hi folks,
I may misspell it too.
However I just tried to send content from one of my emails to shellworld, something that previously worked..until today. this time the error indicated that a request was made, but not given, to use smptutf8
Which i, perhaps mistakenly, felt was standard?
is there an accessibility reason for this to be blocked?
thanks,
Karen