Re: Semantic Digital Audio Memory: A cognitive aid to boost the capabilities of your memory

Hello Joel,
basically, yes and no. SDAM indeed does have features you would
typically find in a DAW, so from this standpoint, it is similar to one.
However, at the same time, the point lies in how is the audio treated
after it had been taken, i.e. how it's presented to the user, how is it
capable of relating and providing information, and eventually, how well
is it capable to help with accurate recalling. This process embraces
more components than what you would usually find in a DAW, with the
emphasis being put rather on the information and meaning the audio
carries than the way the audio sounds, i.e. that's why the project is
called Semantic Digital Audio Memory.
So yes, techniques absolutely are similar, and there is a certain
functional overlap, though at the same time, the purposes are very
different and it's likely best for each tool to specialize in serving
what its users are expecting it to do most well.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 22. 3. 2024 o 3:54 Joel Roth napísal(a):