Re: Keeping Orca Talking

I generally just use the sound settings available from my system
preferences menu. But I'm running MATE on Fedora here, so your mileage
with this may vary somewhat, or possibly quite a lot. These days I
usually try to stay out of a terminal, as most things work as expected
from the graphical desktop interface. Still, I do find some things are a
little faster in a terminal since I still know my way around a shell
just a bit. Sound though is not one of those things, at least not for
me, as it is quite a lot less complicated now than it was 20 years or so
ago when I started using Linux primarily, though not exclusively as I do
now. Those were the days before Orca, even before Gnopernicus, when the
Linux terminal brought me back to the days of DOS, but put it on
steroids and made it much nicer than DOS ever dreamed of.

~Kyle