a question about email clients?

On 28/12/23 16:52, Karen Lewellen wrote:
Which server?
The one where the mail comes from  or the one where you are using your client to access?
As I likely shared, this is an effort to use alpine to manage my gmail.
If I follow, the  folder choices are provided by gmail, regardless of what alpine incorporates?
It's the mail server that provides access to the folders and the messages. What you get reflects the folder structure stored on the IMAP server. You can usually create and delete folders, move messages, etc.