Re: OT Dell Inc. XPS 13 9350 Linux related question

On 27/10/23 17:27, Pavel Vlček wrote:
So my question, some Dell XPS 13 user here with Legacy only mode enabled? Or is it better to forget old legacy mode and accept Uefi? Uefi has more friendly and accessible boot menu order manipulation and that's good of course, but someone told me legacy mode is the best option for Linux, but I don't know, why.

As far as I know, UEFI is better than legacy BIOS mode. Only try legacy mode if UEFI fails to boot once everything is installed correctly.

If you use GRUB as your boot loader, you can configure it to sound a beep when it reaches the menu.