Re: User/Developer feedback wanted: How do you write about your software on your website?

Tim here with a couple ideas from maintaining my own website.

It sounds like all the content is fairly static (not dynamically
accepting comments, or interactively rendering things based on
user-input) so it sounds like a good use-case for any the zillion
"Static Site Generators" ("SSG") out there.  I happen to use Nikola,
but know a lot of folks like Hugo or Jekyll.  Most folks author
content in Markdown (though I prefer to code in raw HTML as I've
been using that since the mid 90s).  Then, the SSG can take all
those input files, churn through them, and spit out a website with
proper interlinking, indexes, RSS feeds, tags, timestamps, etc.

The other thing to consider is where you want your canonical
page-content to reside:  in your Github repo(s) or in your blog.
If you prefer to keep the canonical description in Github pages,
you can create an index-page of links to those repos and their
read-me files.  Alternatively, you can keep your blog as the canonical
documentation source (whether one page for everything or one page
per project), and then copy those documents into your Github repos
as part of the deployment process.

Both work for me.  For my own stuff, anything I publish to Github,
I keep the documentation alongside it there, and just reference it
with a link from my blog if needed.

-tim