User/Developer feedback wanted: How do you write about your software on your website?

Hello everyone,
I'm in the process of writing my personal website (yes, thatone supposed
to be finished 7 months ago, whatever). It should handle anything I find
interesting to write about, i.e. tech news, my production, non-tech
interests, reviews, tutorials etc.

I would like my website to conveniently present my software work. I.E.
The reader clicks on software, where they can see all my applications,
filter them by platform and so on. However, I can't decide how to
present the individual programs.

One approach is to simply use the readmes from GitHub. I'm usually
pretty consistent when writing these, each important readme has to
contain an introduction (what's the program about), build instructions,
usage instructions, additional documentation (if necessary),
acknowledgements and license information.

I guess that quite works for a website in terms of size, it also doesn't
introduce any burden on writing and maintaining. However, when thinking
about this solution, I can't get rid of feeling it's sort of cheap. Like
yes, the user gets thorough information, but when they click the Github
link, they will see exactly the same text and the first idea will be
"Hey, this person didn't really put a lot of effort into the site".
Plus, the usual scheme of readmes is something so much associated with
GitHub I'm afraid it would be sort of weird to see it as a webpage.

Another approach is to simply write a new page for each program. This
quite works for bigger things, where you need to explain the concepts,
reasoning behind them, you may want to link other resources etc. But,
what about the smaller-ones, like:
https://github.com/RastislavKish/mtg

As helpful as this little cute utility is, it takes like three sentences
to describe, and what then? You end up with a blank page with one or two
lines of text on the top. That doesn't sound particularly convincing,
either.

as a user, how would you expect a website to present you a software
collection? Or as a developer, if you have multiple bigger / smaller
projects going on, how do you write about them under one roof?

Best regards

Rastislav