Re: How to have Orca in LightDM?

Hi, I initially wrote the lines a11-states=+reader and reader=orca into the lightdm-gtk-greetter file, but orca didn't come up. then I started trying some things here and there, and I ended up discovering an interesting fact. when I start the display-manager service immediately after powering up and logging as root at a console, orca doesn't come, but I am able to make it come if I execute the following steps:
* Log as a normal user;
* Run spd-say to make speech-dispatcher say something;
* Log as root, then run display-manager and Orca comes up speaking. So, I guess that speech-dispatcher is not being able to bring up pulseAudio as root before it brings it up as a normal user. Why, I have no idea... In any case, I haven't so far enabled display-manager to start at boot, because I'd like to make sure it start speaking.

thanks,
Cleverson