My try on making hexchat accessible

So I have been trying for months to make hexchat more accessible. This is what I'm using.

#!/usr/bin/env bash

tail -fn 1 "hexchat.log" | tee >(spd-say -r +99 -y voxin -e) >(yad --text-info --show-cursor --no-buttons)

it speaks with spd-say and gives you a yad dialog for reading output. Any ways I could improve the script? Also I read something on here about nvda2speech do you think I could get it to work with nda and wine using adiirc? The only thing about hexchat that is inaccessible is the output window.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.