Re: deb.multimedia.org bad vlc dependency

Hi Jude,

I don't know what you mean by "audio multimedia stack". I'm
running daedalus, which is bookworm minus systemd.(*1)  For
nearly everything audio-related I use only ALSA, avoiding
pulseaudio, piperwire. These are huge projects.

There can be glitches in the debian testing distribution.
Sometimes waiting a few days and doing apt-get update;
apt-get upgrade will solve them.

I recall postings on the debian-user mailing list to the
effect that deb.multimedia.org is an independent effort,
not associated with debian and those packages are not maintained
by the debian team. I haven't heard they offer any
advantages over the packages from debian.org.

Asking on the debian-user mailing list would likely get an
authoritative response.

cheery greetings,

Joel

1. See http://devuan.org

> I'm using debian bookworm for now and the upgrade from bullseye broke all
> audio multimedia packages.  Having installed deb.multimedia.org's bookworm
> packages results are no better.
> The mpv package also failed with a strange runtime error I've never found
> before.
>

> -- Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
> defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that
> order." Ed Howdershelt 1940.

Joel Roth