Re: My new Desktop

Well, gentoo has nohdmi as a boot parameter if memory serves and maybe
that can be done with debian but I don't know about the recent boot
parameter changes done to debian so can't say for sure.
You may have better luck running the debian main menu with the numbers
down the side and set debconf priority to low and save your log files.
There's going to be a list of drivers debian wants to load for your system
somewhere in that installation process.  If you get that list, hit space
when you get down to the hdmi drivers and that should prevent debian from
installing hdmi support on the machine.  All of that may get the onboard
sound card working for you.

-- Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that
order." Ed Howdershelt 1940.