Re: Still having issues with Orca not talking on fresh install of Debian.

If there's a startx script on that machine that'll start up flwm for you,
have you used that and had orca come up talking yet?  If you have used
that and haven't run alt-control-s that or alt-f2 orca --replace that may
be your problem.  On slint at least I can after using the gui do
control-alt-f1 and then type control-c to get back to console.  Debian
didn't provide for us primarily command line users.
Slint on the other hand did.

-- Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that
order." Ed Howdershelt 1940.