Re: Clipboard in gnome

Thanks for the treasure trove of information.  Only one of my
unix systems has X-Windows on it because the others are too old
to run fast enough and or have enough memory to handle a GUI but
they do well on audio applications and the command line.  We're
talking about almost 20 years old for one of the systems and over
20 years old for another. That's the beauty of Linux and Freebsd.
I currently have no freebsd systems but used them at work until I
retired and as long as you are realistic about the fact that they
are slower and, most importantly, have no surplus of RAM at all,
they do pretty well until the hardware dies.

	I will experiment with the commands you suggested here
and see what I can get.

	The system running evolution is a modern HP box I bought
a year ago in March and it is actually fit for the 21ST century.
It seems, so far, to be running X and, of course the true command
line, without so much as a hiccup except, as too often happens,
the sound on the mother board is bad.  When I first got the PC,
it had Windows10 and the sound worked perfectly but in Linux, I
have never been able to control it properly so use an inexpensive
usb sound card that doesn't miss a beat.