Clipboard in gnome

Most of my unix stuff I've been doing for 34 years is in an ASCII
text command terminal, no GUI so I am in unfamiliar waters, here,
even though I have tried tidbits of orca and gnome on occasion
for a number of years but always got shot down by running it on
systems with not enough horsepower to run X-windows without
crashing.

	I now have a HP PC running bullseye that has quite enough
resources so am using that also these days but I am most familiar
with the Windows GUI and nvda and use the clipboard all the time
there.

	So, my question here is whether there is an orca
clipboard.  I did do

apropos clipboard

and saw a reference to TK::ClipBoard which is a perl module and
xclipboard which is an application.

	Is there a clipboard native to gnome or orca?  Also
acceptable is some application I can install that produces a
clipboard in gnome.

	Clipboards are fabulous things when one has a huge url or
shell command with gobs of tricky syntax where one misplaced
space can blow things up.

	It's nice to see there is a perl module for clipboard but
right this minute, I would be happy with a clipboard similar to
the one in Windows or pbcopy which lives in MacOS.

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick	WB5AGZ