Re: Java & Orca

Thanks, Rich. What I need, though, is whether Orca can access the
various screen elements in order for blind folks to be able to use a
program written in Java. Sorry for not making that entirely clear. I
knew what I meant. opcode: ReadMyMind

On 1/4/23, Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Jan 4, 2023, at 11:43, Jackie McBride wrote:
>>
>> Can programs written in Java be accessed by Orca? If so, explanations
>> welcome. & your efforts in advance are definitively appreciated.
>
> I'm a sighted programmer, so my comments may not be on target.  That
> said...
>
> It's not clear to me whether (by "accessed") you're talking about reading
> the source code or running an instance of the compiled program.  However, in
> both cases, some sort of intervening program would be needed.  For example:
>
> - A text editor could let you read the source code.
> - A terminal session could let you run the program.
>
> So, the question is whether you can find intervening programs that Orca
> plays nicely with.  FWIW, there are combination interfaces (e.g., Emacspeak)
> that will let you perform both activities, but be prepared for a bit of a
> learning curve.  In any case, other folks here may have better specific
> suggestions.
>
> - Rich Morin

Jackie McBride
Be a hero. Fight Scams. Learn how at www.scam911.org
Also check out brightstarsweb.com & mysitesbeenhacked.com