Re: Java & Orca

> On Jan 4, 2023, at 11:43, Jackie McBride wrote:
>
> Can programs written in Java be accessed by Orca? If so, explanations
> welcome. & your efforts in advance are definitively appreciated.

I'm a sighted programmer, so my comments may not be on target.  That said...

It's not clear to me whether (by "accessed") you're talking about reading the source code or running an instance of the compiled program.  However, in both cases, some sort of intervening program would be needed.  For example:

- A text editor could let you read the source code.
- A terminal session could let you run the program.

So, the question is whether you can find intervening programs that Orca plays nicely with.  FWIW, there are combination interfaces (e.g., Emacspeak) that will let you perform both activities, but be prepared for a bit of a learning curve.  In any case, other folks here may have better specific suggestions.

- Rich Morin